Cadbury’s Chocolate is a favourite among chocolate lovers not only in Ireland, but also in different parts of the world.
If you’re a fan, you probably know a lot of things about this well-loved chocolate brand. If you don’t, here are some interesting Cadbury facts that might pique your interest.
Cadbury Chocolate’s Facts and Info
1. About 350 million bars of Dairy Milk are being sold every year. That’s about one million a day.
2. Cadbury first came up with the idea for the heart-shaped chocolate box. It was the brain child of Richard Cadbury, son of founder John Cadbury.
3. Cadbury produces 1,200 Crunchies per minute (or 1 million Crunchies per day) due to its massive popularity.
4. Cadbury once owned the color purple until Nestle appealed the ruling granting ownership to Pantone 2685c (the shade of purple used by the company to package its products) in 2013.
5. John Cadbury, who sold tea, coffee, and drinking chocolate, established Cadbury in Birmingham, England, in 1824.
6. Cadbury had its first factory on Ossory Road, Dublin, in 1933. At first, it only produced three products that include Dairy Milk.
7. Cadbury’s Dairy Milk is among the first milk chocolate in the world. It was first sold in 1897.
8. Cadbury is fair trade. They got their certification in 2008.
9. Cadbury was the official cocoa and chocolate makers for Queen Victoria, having received their first Royal Warrant by Her Majesty in 1854.
10. Employing 70,000 people in 50 countries, Cadbury is the second largest chocolatier in the world.
11. During World War II, Cadbury was forced to stop selling Dairy Milk because the government forbade manufacturers from using fresh milk.
Show Your Love for Cadbury’s Chocolate
Just recently, Cadbury’s Chocolate suffered a huge blow after it was banned in the U.S. following a lawsuit from Hershey’s. If you’re a fan, show the chocolate company some love by showing your support whenever you can.
Other great posts to read
- Make Your Own Delicious Irish Baileys Cheesecake
- Can This 4-Year-Old Boy Be The Best Irish Dancer We’ve Seen in Years?
- 19 Irish Foods And Drinks That The World Needs To Know About
- 15 Things You Will Only Find Funny If You Are Irish
- Irish Vodka Company Named As “Best In The World 2016”
- Top 10 Short Irish Jokes Guaranteed To Make You Laugh