Start Baking These Sinful Chocolate-Based Guinness Donuts Today!
Want to make the ultimate Irish-American dessert? Today is national donut(doughnut) day and these chocolate based Guinness donuts are as nice as they sound.
Blogger Thrifty Jinxy has created a recipe that combines three of the best things to ever come out of Ireland and the United States.
Presenting: chocolate-based Guinness donuts with Irish cream glaze. Find out how you can make this delightful concoction.
To get started, here’s what you’ll need:
For the donuts:
- 1 cup flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup Guinness Extra Stout
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup melted butter
For the glazing:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tsp Bailey’s Irish cream
- 2 tsp water
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together Guinness, egg, sugar, brown sugar, and butter.
- Stir dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Spray donut pan with non-stick spray.
- Fill each cavity until ⅔ full.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Combine all glaze ingredients and stir until blended.
- Dip the top of the donuts in the glaze and place on wire rack to dry.
Here is the recipe with a splash of Baileys :
Did you make some of these amazing chocolate based Guinness donuts today? Comment below:
Other great posts to read
- Are You Familiar With This Irish Lullaby? Too Ra Loo Ra Loo Ral
- Top 10 Facts About Guinness That Will Surprise You
- Here’s How You Can Make Your Very Own Guinness Ice Cream Float
- 17 Facts About Irish People You Need To Know
- Irish Vodka Company Named As “Best In The World 2016”
- Ireland votes in favour of law to become world’s first country to fully divest from fossil fuels