Say goodbye to that cold with this ultimate hot toddy for colds recipe.
Flu season is here, for many of us, it is round about the time we all get the terrible flu.
We have a solution for you that is far more healthy than cough syrup and tastes a million times better too.
Firstly please don’t follow other recipes which say you should microwave your honey and whiskey together. This is just crazy as you ruin all the goodness in your honey, not to mention give yourself unneeded radiation.
Although this might not completely kill your cold it will certainly make you feel a million times better we promise.
Introducing the ultimate hot toddy for colds recipe:
Time needed for creating this hot toddy ~ 5 – 6 minutes
Ingredients for the ultimate hot toddy for colds:
- 200ml – 250ml water – ideally the less water, the better you won’t get the full effects of this drink
- Tea bag – either green tea or sleepy time tea(depending if you want to sleep)
- 1-2 slices of lemon
- 4 to 8 whole cloves(not essential but they do help)
- 1-2 spoons manuka/raw/natural honey
- Dash of lemon juice
- 1-2 measures whiskey of choice – We personally recommend Fireball cinnamon whiskey or a decent whiskey(splash out and get the good stuff, you don’t need a big bottle). Jameson works well too.
- Cinnamon stick – If you have cinnamon whiskey you don’t really need the stick as well
- Optional – little bit of Ginger sliced or chopped
Method for creating the ultimate hot toddy for colds:
- Pour water into kettle and boil(easy right).
- Slice lemon and place whole cloves into the lemon slice. Place this into a mug or glass.
- Add the green tea bag or sleepytime tea bag(if you don’t have either it is okay)
- Spoon the honey into the mug, leaving the spoon in the mug and add a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Add whiskey and pour over boiling water, stir well to melt honey.
- Add the ginger if you have it.
- Sit back put on some Netflix and wait for the hot toddy to do its magic.
*Repeat as often as needed but be sensible 😉 * 2 or 3 and you will feel a LOT better.
The video will be coming soon.
In the meantime, have you used this recipe or a similar recipe in the past? Did it work? Comment below.
Also be sure to share this recipe with anyone you know who gets sick every winter. They need it more than your think!
Other great posts to read
- Farmer Gets Reprieve From Driving Ban So He Can Find A “Nice Woman”
- Irish Vodka Company Named As “Best In The World 2016”
- 29 Things Irish Mothers Say
- Irish Lad Casually Skype Calls His Parents While Skydiving
- Can This 4-Year-Old Boy Be The Best Irish Dancer We’ve Seen in Years?
- 10 Of The Best Irish Jokes You’ll Read Online