Potatoes are abundant in Ireland and dishes that feature them as the main ingredient are an all-time favourite among the locals.
But did you know that they can help you lose weight?
According to Chris Voigt, head of the Washington State Potato Commission, following an Irish potato diet has helped him lose 21 pounds in just two months.
Health Benefits of Potato Diet
Apart from helping him lose weight, Voigt also claimed that the potato diet helped him reduce his cholesterol by 60 points.
According to him, this shows that potatoes contain the right amount of nutrients the body needs. Therefore, they should not be banned from school meals.
Give It a Shot
If you want to try the Irish potato diet, here’s what you should do:
- You can eat any kinds of potatoes: baked, mashed, steamed, roasted—it doesn’t matter. Just don’t eat them fried.
- Don’t add milk or butter. To add flavour, use herbs and spices such as chives, mint, cumin, rosemary and paprika.
- Don’t remove the skin. The potato skin accounts for more than 75% of the potato’s mineral value.
- Make sure to supplement your diet by drinking plenty of water and herbal tea.
Other great posts to read
- This Video About The Unsung Heroes Of The Galway Races Will Melt Your Heart
- 7 Most Popular Guinness Ads Of All Time
- Best Way To Send Money To Ireland
- Ireland votes in favour of law to become world’s first country to fully divest from fossil fuels
- Irish Accents Vs Scottish Accents
- Top 10 Facts About Guinness That Will Surprise You