The Irish really know how to make their liquors. Just recently, Jameson and Baileys have been ranked among the top brands of liquors in the world.
Among the Best in the World
The Irish Distillers-owned Jameson Whiskey moved from 55th place last year to 49th place in this year’s International Wine and Spirits Research (IWSR) Real 100 list of top alcoholic drinks in the world.
According to reports, Jameson, with sales of over five million cases, experienced an increase of 8.9% in international sales volumes last year.
Apart from Jameson, another local brand also made it to the IWSR list. Baileys, which is owned by Diageo, placed 37th on the rankings, climbing two places from last year’s list. According to the Irish Times, worldwide sales of this all-time favourite Irish drink were at 6.2 million in 2015.
Other International Liquors That Made into the List
South Korean vodka brand Jinro Soju, was named the top selling spirits brand in the world. According to reports, it sold more than 65 million cases worldwide last year.
Indian whisky brand ABD’s Officer Choice was in second place. Officer Choice saw the largest volume growth of all the top 100 brands by selling more than 34 million cases last year.
Other great posts to read
- Irish Fox Sneaks Onto Golf Course And Robs Wallet From Golf Bag
- Adele’s “Hello” Sung In Irish Is Incredible(as Gaeilge)
- Make The Pie Of Your Dreams With This Irish Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
- Explore The Wild Atlantic Way In 13 Minutes
- 10 Of The Best Irish Jokes You’ll Read Online
- Here’s How You Can Make Your Very Own Guinness Ice Cream Float