With so many Irish people working in Dubai I have noticed a whole lot more requests about transferring money from Dubai to Ireland.
In this post rather than over complicate things and give you a million different options I am going to outline the cheapest and easiest way of transferring money from Dubai to Ireland.
Some common questions that I have seen include:
What is the simplest way to wire money home to an Irish account?
Transferring money from Dubai to Ireland to save and clear my debt?!
Any tips for transfering money from UAE bank to IE bank
The list goes on.
I recommend Currencyfair, they are an Irish company based in Dublin and personally have used them since 2013!
When sending money to Ireland from anywhere in the world they are my no 1 recommended service.
But why not use my bank for transferring money from Dubai to Ireland?
- The most important thing when transferring your money is the exchange rate. Banks take an extra 4 – 6% on the exchange rate meaning $100’s of wasted Euro for no benefit.
- Currencyfair takes around 0.25% of the exchange rate. Massive difference!
- The company has exchanged more than €5BN and saved their customers more than €170M.
- The second most important thing to consider is sending and receiving fees.
- These vary depending on what bank you use. Currencyfair uses local bank accounts meaning you don’t pay more than their transfer fee(€3 only!)
- Currencyfair has local accounts in a lot of jurisdictions so your transfer to them will cost you the same as any other local transfer.
- Plus register here and you will also get your first five transfers for free exclusively with Irish Around The World. Abu Dhabi Paddy also recommends them.
It may seem daunting to use a new money transfer company but I promise that once you make your first transfer you will not regret your decision.
Still curious how exactly Currencyfair works? Check out the 30-second video below:
Thanks for reading and hope this information has saved you some money!
This article also has some great tips about Dubai.
P.S If you are looking to send larger amounts 10K$ plus I recommend OFX as you get a dedicated broker. Plus free transfers for life over $1000 if you register here.
Other money transfer tips: