Apple Crumble by The Wonky Spatula – the perfect comforting dessert now that the evenings are beginning to get dark and cold.
If you love these Irish recipes we send them weekly straight to your inbox on our weekly dose of Irish, sign up here.
Ingredients for my Apple Crumble recipe:
- 6 cooking apples, peeled and sliced
- 6 medjool dates, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 3 tbsp mixed seeds
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
Method for cooking your Apple Crumble:
- Preheat your oven to 180℃/350F.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, ground almonds, mixed seeds, cinnamon, 2 tbsp coconut sugar and the coconut oil.
- Lay out the apple slices and dates in an ovenproof dish, sprinkle with the remaining coconut sugar.
- Pour over the crumble mixture, making sure all of the apple is covered.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until the apple is tender and the crumble is golden.
- Serve and enjoy with your choice of topping.
If you try out this recipe let us know in the comments below.
P.S Get your weekly dose of Irish straight to your inbox for free sign up here.