Flu season is here; it is around about the time we all get the terrible flu for many of us.
What if I told you there was a delicious Irish drink that you could make in less than five minutes that could help ease your symptoms.
It is arguably more healthy than cough syrup and tastes a million times better too.
If you are wondering just what on earth is a hot toddy, it is essentially a hot Irish whiskey drink with a few added extras.
Delicious And Quick Irish Hot Toddy Recipe
The time needed for creating this hot toddy ~ 5 – 6 minutes
Ingredients for the ultimate hot toddy for colds:
- Boiling water – although best to let it cool slightly. It helps keep the nutrients in the honey. Around 90 degrees celsius is perfect.
- 1-2 slices of lemon
- 4 to 8 whole cloves(not essential, but they do help)
- 1-2 spoons manuka/raw/natural honey
- Dash of lemon juice
- 1-2 measures whiskey of choice – I enjoy some Fireball cinnamon whiskey or a decent whiskey(splash out and get the good stuff, you don’t need a big bottle). Jameson works well too.
- Cinnamon stick – however, you can substitute in cinnamon powder if you don’t have any.
- An optional – little bit of Ginger sliced or chopped
Method for creating the ultimate hot toddy for colds:
- Pour water into kettle and boil(easy right).
- Slice the lemon and place whole cloves into the lemon slice. Place this into a mug or glass.
- Spoon the honey into the mug, leave the spoon in the cup and add a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Add whiskey and pour over boiling water; stir well to melt honey.
- Add the Ginger if you have it.
- Sit back, put on some Netflix and wait for the hot toddy to do its magic.
*Repeat as often as needed*
In the meantime, have you used this recipe or a similar recipe in the past? Did it work? Comment below.
Also, be sure to share this recipe with anyone you know who gets sick every winter. They need it more than your think!