I love a good toast, and sometimes it helps to remember a few Irish toasts for friends when you are called upon. I will also be sharing Irish toasts for birthdays, funerals, weddings and special occasions very soon. Be sure to subscribe to the blog to get notified.
If you have been following the blog for a while, you will know that I like to do big detailed articles so that you can get as little or as much as you want to from any article. Just like with 100 Irish sayings or 100 Irish facts, you won’t be disappointed with this one.
I have broken down these Irish toasts into different articles. This one features 25 Irish toasts for friends, and I am sure you will find the most applicable toast in this article.
Is there anything better than celebrating with friends and being the one to blow everyone away with an Irish toast that will leave them speechless? No? Well, regardless, enjoy these Irish toasts for friends and friends departed.
25 Irish toasts for friends and friends departed
- May you never lie, steal, cheat or drink.
But if you must lie, lie in each other’s arms.
If you must steal, steal kisses.
If you must cheat, cheat death.
And if you must drink, drink with us, your friends.
- That the roof above us never fall in, and may we friends gathered below never fall out.
- May you have:
A world of wishes at your command
God and his angels close at hand
Friends and family their love impart,
And Irish blessing in your heart.
- For you be poor in misfortune, rich in blessings, slow to make enemies, quick to make friends. But rich or poor, quick or slow, may you know nothing but happiness from this day forward.
- May you taste the sweetest pleasures that fortune ere bestowed,
and may all your friends remember all the favours you are owed.
- May the hinges of our friendship never grow rusty.
- Here’s to good Irish friends,
Never above you,
Never below you,
Always beside you.
- Here’s to absent friends, and here’s twice to absent enemies.
- May you be poor in misfortune,
Rich in blessings,
Slow to make enemies,
And fast to make friends!
- Here’s to a sweetheart, a bottle, and a friend.
The first beautiful, the second full, the last ever faithful
My friends are my best friends
Loyal, willing and able.
Now let’s get to drinking!
All glasses off the table!
- Here’s to our wives and girlfriends…
May they never meet! ~ maybe use this one with caution, haha
- Here’s to a sweetheart, a bottle, and a friend. The first beautiful, the second full, the last ever faithful.
- In all this world, why I do think
There are five reasons why we drink:
Good friends, good wine, lest we be dry
and any other reason why.
- May the lilt of Irish laughter
lighten every load.
May the mist of Irish magic
shorten every road…
And may all your friends remember
all the favours you are owed!
- Here’s a toast to the roast that good fellowship lends,
With the sparkle of beer and wine;
May its sentiment always be deeper, my friends,
Then the foam at the top of the stein.
- Here’s to the wine we love to drink, and the food we like to eat.
Here’s to our wives and sweethearts; let’s pray they never meet.
Here’s to champagne for our real friends, and when this life is over,
May all of us find peace.
- May the winds of fortune sail you,
May you sail a gentle sea.
May it always be the other guy
who says, ‘this drink’s on me.’
- Here’s to you and yours,
And to mine and ours,
And if mine and ours ever come
Across you and yours,
I hope you and yours will do
As much for mine and ours,
As mine and ours have done
For you and yours!
- Here’s to friends and family who know us well but love us just the same.
- The Lord gives us our relatives, but thank God we can choose our friends.
- To my friend:
If we ever disagree, may you be in the right.
- I drink to your health when I’m with you, my friend,
I drink to your health when I’m alone,
I drink to your health so often,
I’m starting to worry about my own!
May your glass be ever full.
May the roof over your head be always strong.
And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you’re dead.
Irish Toast – May the hinges of our friendship never grow rusty.
What other Irish toasts do you love?
Comment below and let me know. I hope that you have enjoyed these hand-picked Irish quotes for your friends. Let me know if you have used any of these Irish quotes and how it went.